Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and including the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year,
The Compasses runner-up and to The Railway Tavern for being highly commended.
This year we are celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Sarah & Claire with a bottle of Felstar "40 not Out"
Staff required to help out at the Essex Food & Drink event Fri 17th - Sun 19th July at Cressing Temple.
Please contact Doug ku.gro.armac.drofsmlehc@riahc.
From May 14th, Billericay Brewing has extended the opening hours for its micro-pub.
See our "LocAle Breweries" page for details.
New festival website address: www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.org.uk
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
Protect small cider producers
Read about the EU proposal to ban the UK's small cider producer duty exemption and sign the petition.
Download our Real Ale & Cider Trails Poster & Entry Form to celebrate our 40th.
Please note The Flitch of Bacon, Little Dunmow, is currently closed.
Instead of using stickers, which they have lost, The Railway Tavern, Chelmsford, will be stamping the booklet and The White Horse, Great Baddow, will be initialling it.
Next Branch Social Event:
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Saturday 16th May, 10:16 : #mildale trail celebrating Mild May Month pub cralw today in #Chelmsford visiting 10 pubs serving Mild Ale.
- Sunday 3rd May, 12:57 : #Essex #Cider Pub of the year presentation @Thethreeelms this friday 8th May. 8.30pm.
- Sunday 3rd May, 12:56 : 16th May is Mild May pub crawl. Over 10 Pubs in #Chelmsford promising to serve real Mild for the occasion, come and join us. Starts 11am
- Sunday 3rd May, 12:53 : well done to the #battesfordcourt Witham, award for runner up in Cider Pub of the year from local branch of #CAMRA. Excellent @wetherspoons
- Sunday 3rd May, 12:50 : @Thegoldenflleece #chelmsford £2.00 a pint to #CAMRA members today from 2pm. Its a beer festival plus some live acoustic music to boot.