Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
The address www.chelmsfordcamra.org.uk will be discontinued. Please use our new address - www.chelmsford.camra.org.uk and update your bookmarks, etc.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year,
The Compasses runner-up and to The Railway Tavern for being highly commended.
This year we are celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Sarah & Claire with a bottle of Felstar "40 not Out" ....and Colchester Brewery not to be outdone.
From May 14th, Billericay Brewing has extended the opening hours for its micro-pub.
See our "LocAle Breweries" page for details.
Congratulations to The Three Elms, winner of the Essex Cider Pub of the Year award and runner-up in East Anglia.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
Next Branch Social Event:
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:31 : Let us know your favourite #beer of the festival.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:16 : 22500 people recently attended the #Chelmsford Summer Beer Festival. A big thank you to everyone of them..
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:14 : Oh no! The #KingsHead Pub @broomfield set to close to become an Indian Restaurant. Is that what the community wants??
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:12 : #Chelmsford pub of the year @TheOrangeTree closes for refurb and structural repairs. 3-4 weeks max hoped.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:10 : #Cider over 17000 pints of Cider were served at the recent Chelmsford Summer Beer Festival. Quite Amazing..