Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and including the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Congratulations to the Orange Tree, Chelmsford which is our Branch Pub of the Year 2014.
New festival website address: www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.org.uk
See our Real Ale & Cider Trails Poster & Entry Form to celebrate our 40th.
Please note The Flitch of Bacon, Little Dunmow, is currently closed.
Don't forget to vote for the Cider Pub of the Year, deadline 9th March.
See the CPOTY Judging Guidelines & Form.
Next Branch Social Event:
- Real Ale Runabout Coggeshall, Colne Engaine & Halstead Tuesday 3rd February 2015
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
The Victoria in Colchester voted East Anglia Regional Pub of the Year
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Saturday 17th January, 17:48 : #three compasses @westHanningfield. Special presentation in 30mins to Rosemary, landlady since 1971. Bet she's seen a few changes?
- Saturday 17th January, 08:59 : #Georges Brewery Trip today
- Thursday 15th January, 18:27 : RT @ChelmsfordBEER: Can't wait for the Winter Festival? @ChelmsfordCAMRA launch 40th Anniversary Pub Trail. Visit goo.gl/TXgdD0 Gr…
- Monday 12th January, 21:26 : First posting on our new twitter account. Check out this page for future tweets and posts.