Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and including the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, Chelmsford, which has won our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year.
Sarah & Claire with a bottle of Felstar "40 not Out"
Check out our CME40 news
Brian with his Harveys sweatshirt
New festival website address: www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.org.uk
Due to Network Rail Engineering Work on Saturday 28th February there will be a mini-bus service on that day to Chappel Winter Beer Festival from Chelmsford & Witham.
Tickets have to be purchased in advance. For details, see their website.
See our Real Ale & Cider Trails Poster & Entry Form to celebrate our 40th.
Please note The Flitch of Bacon, Little Dunmow, is currently closed and
a stamp in the booklet from The Railway Tavern, Chelmsford, is acceptable instead of a sticker.
Don't forget to vote for the Cider Pub of the Year, deadline 9th March.
See the CPOTY Judging Guidelines & Form.
Next Branch Social Event:
- Cider Campaign and Rural Pubs for 40 year Ale & Cider Trail bus Chelmsford, Braintree, Witham Area Saturday 28th February 2015 11:00 am
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Sunday, 15:10 : Superb winter festival, practically sold out of beer and raised a lot of money for charity. roll on the summer one..
- Friday 20th February, 11:02 : #ale Currently over 100 Beers on at the festival with many more to come. So why not come along and sample some?
- Friday 20th February, 11:00 : #Cider lots of lovely Ciders at the Beer Festival this week and its selling fast but we are re-stocking for Saturdays session
- Sunday 15th February, 03:19 : BRANCH PUB OF THE YEAR. WINNER FOR THE 2ND YEAR RUNNING THE ORANGE TREE, MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE AND THE TEAM.
- Wednesday 11th February, 19:23 : #Chappel Winter Beer Festival. No rail service to the festival on Sat 28th Feb. minibus service instead.details on goo.gl/9a05OH