Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
The address www.chelmsfordcamra.org.uk will be discontinued. Please use our new address - www.chelmsford.camra.org.uk and update your bookmarks, etc.
Winner of Most Improved Pub 2015 Award - Willows Inn, Cressing.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year,
The Compasses runner-up and to The Railway Tavern for being highly commended.
This year we are celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Congratulations to The Three Elms, winner of the Essex Cider Pub of the Year award and runner-up in East Anglia.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
If you love your local pub and want to protect it from demolition or change of use,
make sure to list it with your local Council as an Asset of Community Value (ACV). Here's how.
The Golden Fleece in Chelmsford has all of its usual great entertainment offers over Christmas and New Year, plus they are offering a 3-course Christmas meal at just £15.95. As a thank you to Thirsty Times readers landlord Brett will offer a 10% discount on this if it's booked before the end of November. Just email him, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.
Next Branch Social Event:
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
- Committee Meeting
White Hart Hotel, Witham
Wednesday 2nd December 2015 8:00 pm
- Committee Meeting White Hart Hotel, Witham Wednesday 2nd December 2015 8:00 pm
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:27 : #TheViper pub @millgreen near @ingatestone CM40PT has a splendid beer festival next weekend. 60 real ales and traditional ciders
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:19 : #TheOrangeTree @Chelsmford our POTY is thankfully back open for business. Now with 9 handpumps its looking good.
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:17 : #hopstock beer festival at the Compasses Littley Green CM3 1BU. Last day today, Great festiival at probably the best rural pub in region.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:31 : Let us know your favourite #beer of the festival.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:16 : 22500 people recently attended the #Chelmsford Summer Beer Festival. A big thank you to everyone of them..