Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and includes the towns of Braintree and Witham.
The address www.chelmsfordcamra.org.uk will be discontinued. Please use our new address - www.chelmsford.camra.org.uk and update your bookmarks, etc.
Please note the Clacton Beer Festival finishes on Saturday 29th August and not on the Bank Holiday Monday, as published in Thirsty Times.
The aim of this is to raise awareness of our Asset of Community Value campaign – how branches can get directly involved, what support is available, and to raise any concerns branches are having with their local Council directly with the Department for Communities and Local Government.
We will be answering questions on Twitter and Facebook between 2 and 3pm using the Hashtag #ThisPubMatters. Our Twitter Handle is @CAMRA_Official.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, winner of our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year,
The Compasses runner-up and to The Railway Tavern for being highly commended.
This year we are celebrating our 40th anniversary.
Sarah & Claire with a bottle of Felstar "40 not Out" ....and Colchester Brewery not to be outdone.
Congratulations to The Three Elms, winner of the Essex Cider Pub of the Year award and runner-up in East Anglia.
The branch has won a National Award for cider campaigning and here's how we did it.
Next Branch Social Event:
See the Branch Diary for more social events.
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
Follow chelmsfordCAMRA on twitter
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:27 : #TheViper pub @millgreen near @ingatestone CM40PT has a splendid beer festival next weekend. 60 real ales and traditional ciders
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:19 : #TheOrangeTree @Chelsmford our POTY is thankfully back open for business. Now with 9 handpumps its looking good.
- Sunday 23rd August, 08:17 : #hopstock beer festival at the Compasses Littley Green CM3 1BU. Last day today, Great festiival at probably the best rural pub in region.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:31 : Let us know your favourite #beer of the festival.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 21:16 : 22500 people recently attended the #Chelmsford Summer Beer Festival. A big thank you to everyone of them..