Welcome to the Web Site of the Chelmsford and Mid-Essex Branch of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Branch covers an area centred on Chelmsford and including the towns of Braintree and Witham.
Congratulations to The Orange Tree, Chelmsford, which has won our Branch Pub of the Year award again this year.
This year we are celebrating our 40th anniversary.
New festival website address: www.chelmsfordbeerandciderfestivals.org.uk
Download our Real Ale & Cider Trails Poster & Entry Form to celebrate our 40th.
Please note The Flitch of Bacon, Little Dunmow, is currently closed.
Instead of using stickers, which they have lost, The Railway Tavern, Chelmsford, will be stamping the booklet and The White Horse, Great Baddow, will be initialling it.
Next Branch Social Event:
East Anglia Region of CAMRA and its upcoming Beer Festivals
Twitter / chelmsfordCAMRA
- Thursday, 19:26 : pre-festival drinks invite @TheWoolpack pub #chelmsford to all branch members. Weds 1st April 8-11pm just £2.50 a pint..
- Tuesday 24th March, 20:37 : #Chelmsford pub of the year, presentation @TheOrangeTree located in lower anchor street on Saturday 4th April 8pm. All members are welcome.
- Tuesday 24th March, 20:34 : #beerfestival #maldon @TheCarpenters arms this weekend, loads of beers, ciders and live music..
- Tuesday 24th March, 20:29 : Fist ever beerfestival @theleatherbottle Pleshey, near Chelmsford. this weekend 28-29th March..
- Tuesday 24th March, 20:27 : #Beerfestival this weekend at the Ale House Chelmsford. 32 ales and 12 Ciders+Perries plus live music. 26th-29th March..